Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help TF2 Classic Wiki by expanding it.|
|Map type||Capture the Flag|
Landfall is a community-created Capture the Flag map.
Designed for competitive and pub players alike, Landfall is small, fast-paced, and teaches those on the ground floor a valuable lesson about height advantage.
Landfall was created for TF2Maps.net's Competitive CTF Contest and was awarded 9th place with a total of 66 points. It is set in a logging area with various catwalks along the giant trees.
"Beneath an unassuming canopy of trees deep in an unassuming forest, Red and Blu are (assumably) fighting for space. And what better way to halt the other's operations than by stealing their building plans..."
- You can now jump onto the shack along the outside path.
- Better FPS
- Various detail improvements and additions
- Respawn rate raised 1 tick
- Added a new room on the upper levels of each side by mid.
- Removed the outdoor ramp leading up, and put the indoor staircase back in (connects with the new room).
- Changed the sawroom going into the bases. It's not got more space outdoors, in hopes of making that path more dangerous for the attackers.
- Put the Intelligence back in the old spot
- Changed the layout of the Intelligence deck to give the outside path an easy route to the Intelligence.
- Added a small new room in mid to safely get from the lower saw-room door to the porch on the side of mid.
- Added a new little alcove where the outside path meets mid.
- Removed the indoor staircase going from the outside path to upper mid. It's replaced by an outdoor ramp leading up.
- flag return time raised to 35 seconds
- Changed the sides of mid. They're now higher up and have a porch area to give a better vantage point on the upper catwalk.
- Various changes to the former Intelligence area.
- Moved the Intelligence to the building adjacent to where it used to be. I also expanded the building to make it a better Intelligence spot. I'm just trying it out for now, to see what the new location does, so I might not stick with it.
- put the spawn times back to a9 times
- Players can walk through a bucket in the area outside RED's and BLU's spawn.
- While originally being added to Team Fortress 2 Classic in version 1.9.0, it was later officially added to live Team Fortress 2 in its Tough Break update.
- A winter-themed version of Landfall, ‘Snowfall’, also exists. It can be found here.