Death & Taxes update page
The city's not all too different from the desert: you're still fighting through grimy, derelict buildings on a dead-end industrial site, a few miles away from anyplace worth actually living in. Escort the Civilian through all three points to his luxury car, and don't be afraid to get messy; the murder rate really can't get any higher.
Blackstone Harbor (or Harbor) is an official VIP map released in the Death & Taxes update. It's set in an urban city environment surrounded by skyscrapers and businesses, with the teams wrestling over the VIP, who BLU has to escort and RED has to assassinate.
This map plays out like a regular Attack/Defend map, BLU plays the attackers while RED plays the defenders. The goal of the attacking team (BLU) is to escort the Civilian to capture three control points. The goal of the defending team (RED) is to defend these points until the time runs out. If the Civilian is killed, 30 seconds gets removed from the timer.
After capturing the first point, RED team's spawn is moved back, and BLU team's spawn is moved forward, right next to the capped point. In addition, the former RED spawns are now open to BLU team for resupply. BLU team can use this to keep the attack going and take down the scattered RED defences for a quick capture of the second point, assuming that the VIP doesn't get backstabbed on the way by a Spy.
- added vip_harbor
- Fixed a bug where RED's respawn time was shorter than BLU's respawn time, after capturing B
- Updated the respawn time after B's capture to be 10 seconds for RED, and 2 seconds for BLU
- Changed some models
- Shrunk RED's window on Capture Point C's building
- Removed some props to open up the play-space
- Adjusted the Nobuild on the shed in front of First RED Spawn to only be on the roof
- Adjusted some Item Pickups
- Added a Small Medkit near Capture Point C's upper flank route
- Improved the visuals of the maps lighting a bit
- Fixed the water cubemaps
- Changed setup time from 30 seconds to 60 seconds
- Updated clipping
- Blocked the window from last point upper area
- Added pallet near the last RED spawn area, allowing players to get up easier from lower area
- Increased brightness in dark areas
- Increased additional time after capturing points
- First point time increased to 3 minutes (from 2)
- Second point time increased to 4 minutes (from 2)
- Small optimization changes
- The map's layout before the first control point is loosely based on the layout of the Team Fortress Classic map Hunted.