|Map type||Capture the Flag|
|Release date||May 3, 2015 (1.9.0)|
Casbah was added to Team Fortress 2 Classic on May 3, 2015, in update 1.9.0. It was created by a Gamebanana user known as Tamari.
BLU spawns inside a concrete building with a shutter leading outside and a vent leading to a back alley. The back alley leads to the intelligence, which has two entrances far away from the flag. The exterior of the base is open with an elevated catwalk, leading to two small rooms that connect to a larger catwalk in the center of the map. There is also a large corridor with partially retracted bay doors, which is the main route to center.
The center of the map is a single, wide open chokepoint where the two teams collide. On BLU side, there is a large catwalk above the two points that connects to an elevated platform and the BLU small rooms. The catwalk goes down into another small room that leads down onto RED side. The RED side is slightly more elevated than BLU, with two staircases that RED can defend. They also have a back alley with a side room that drops down into their base. The entire center has an exposed ocean that instantly kills whoever falls into it.
RED spawns in an outdoors area connected to the rest of their base by a single shutter. The shutter leads to a concrete alcove that connects to their base exterior and to their intelligence back alley. Their exterior base has makeshift ramps made of wood planks that connects to their elevated room. The intelligence is closer to the room entrances than on BLU, but with the entrances farther apart.
- Fixed BLU's respawn door from locking on certain occasions.
- Fixed all soundscapes across the map. (Originally, they would never play properly)
- Updated the team colouring of both areas around each teams base.
- Updated RED's spawn to direct the player where to go to leave their spawn.
- Updated BLU's intel building to tell players that there are two entrances.
- Updated the clipping of the map.
- Removed some pipes around RED's base to remove extreme height variation. All other previous pipes have been clipped off for the same reason.
- Removed the overhang over BLU's spawn exit.
- Fog has settled into the seas, to match the world fog
- Improved visuals and details across the map
- Added an extra spawn door for each team's spawn
- Added detail doors to BLU's intel room entrances, to be consistent with RED base
- Added cover for BLU side's balcony route
- Added an extra Resupply Cabinet to each team's spawn
- Adjusted each spawn point to directly face the exit from spawn
- Adjusted the windows in front of RED's intel room to close off a window, while also adding a new route to RED intel
- Adjusted the Windows leading into BLU side to be larger
- Adjusted clipping to prevent mobility classes from camping up above the battleground
- Adjusted the Full Ammo and Small Medkit at Mid to be easier to see
- Adjusted pickups around RED and BLU side to be somewhat consistent
- Adjusted a few wooden planks to be easier to walk on
- Replaced a few models at Mid with crates
- Updated the stairs near BLU side of Mid to be easier to move around
- Fixed a visual bug when falling beneath the water
- Fixed up the concrete doorways to prevent players from getting stuck when walking against them
- Removed the Setup timer
- Removed a few pickups from each team's Intel room
- Removed the Fence in RED spawn to allow for better movement
- Removed a pipe near RED side's entrance, for the same reason
- Removed a pillar near RED spawn, for the same reason
- Removed a pillar in BLU spawn, for the same reason