|125 (185 with overheal)
The Scout is an offense class. While having one of the lowest max-HPs in the game, the Scout is the fastest class and is able to perform a double jump (pressing Space while in the air), giving him great maneuverability. The Scout also has a doubled capture rate, meaning he is able to capture control points and push payload carts at twice the speed of all other classes.
Location of Origin: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Job: Rapid Recovery
Motto: "Too. Much. Caffeine."
Special Ability: Double Jump
The youngest of eight boys from the south side of Boston, the Scout learned early how to problem solve with his fists. With seven older brothers on his side, fights tended to end before the runt of the litter could maneuver into punching distance, so the Scout trained himself to run. He ran everywhere, all the time, until he could beat his pack of mad dog siblings to the fray.
As a Scout…
- …jump again in mid-air to change direction, and avoid enemy fire.
- …you capture control points and push carts twice as fast as other classes.
- …you're most effective when you stay moving and use your speed to your advantage.
- …your scattergun is lethal at point-blank range.
- …your pistol is great for picking off enemies at a distance.
- …your nailgun is great for holding off enemies that are chasing after you.
Names in other languages
- The BLU Scout's pants in Team Fortress 2 Classic is now a navy blue color as seen in the prerelease builds of Team Fortress 2; in release Team Fortress 2, the color simply remains the same as the RED Scout's pants.