"Hit the bricks pal, you're done."
Brick promotional blurb
When guns and swords were out of reach, throwing heavy objects was part and parcel for history's little guys. A brick lying in the debris of a broken store window is a noble stand against faceless corporate evil. Carry the Brick with pride, Scout, because even though you're a hired thug fighting on the side of faceless corporate evil, you're still just a little guy.
The Scout only holds one Brick at a time, recharging six seconds after it is thrown. While in the air, it travels in an arc as a projectile. When thrown underwater, it will have reduced velocity. Hitting a target with the Brick will deal 65 damage regardless of range, knocking back the target based on the angle of impact. The amount of damage done has no effect on the knockback, and will knock back ÜberCharged enemies. It can only deal damage once per throw, cannot deal any damage once it impacts an object, and cannot be picked back up once thrown. The Brick can damage buildings as well as players. Like most projectiles, the Brick can be deflected by an enemy Pyro.
|Ranged or Melee?
|All values are approximate.
- Added the Brick
- Reduced delay between clicking and throwing by 40%
- Projectile model now spawns immediately after being thrown
- Increased base damage to 65 (from 50)
- Overhauled first person animations
- Overhauled trail particle
- Overhauled impact sounds
- Projectile trail now gets removed upon collision
- Fixed projectile colliding with teammates and map brush entities, sometimes causing it to not deal damage to enemies
- Fixed projectile being deflectable by airblast after impact
- Fixed missing min-viewmodel offset
- Using a resupply cabinet soon after throwing the Brick causes the viewmodel to disappear until the Brick is thrown, or the user switches weapons.