|This article is a stub. You can help TF2 Classic Wiki by expanding it.|
|Health||200 (300 with overheal)|
The Soldier is an offensive class. The Solider is an allround-class that can handle almost all situations with the second highest max-HP in the game and with a set of weapons that covers short to long range. Although slow, the Soldier is able to perform rocket jumps using his rocket launchers, letting him reach higher ground and the front lines quicker in exchange for health.
Location of Origin: Midwest, USA
Job: Shock & Awe
Motto: "I'm a Rocket Man."
Favorite World War: 2
Special ability: Rocket jump
Though he wanted desperately to fight in World War 2, the Soldier was rejected from every branch of the U.S. military. Undaunted, he bought his own ticket to Europe. After arriving and finally locating Poland, the Soldier taught himself how to load and fire a variety of weapons before embarking on a Nazi killing spree for which he was awarded several medals that he designed and made himself. His rampage ended immediately upon hearing about the end of the war in 1949.
As a Soldier…
- …you can rocket jump to great heights by simultaneously jumping and firing a rocket at the ground.
- …aim rockets at enemy's feet to ensure they can't avoid the explosion damage.
- …make sure you keep your rocket launcher loaded. Hit R to reload it at any time.
- …your rockets have strong knock back. Use this to jostle enemies or knock them airborne.
- …use your shotgun to conserve rockets and avoid waiting for your rocket launcher to reload in the middle of combat.
- …the Gunboats greatly reduce health loss from rocket jumps. Use them when positioning and mobility are especially important.
- …your RPG's rockets can shoot over cover. Be sure to aim your rockets carefully.
Names in other languages
- The ability of rocket-wielders being able to use their rockets to jump higher originated from Quake and was a bug in the original Team Fortress games. Valve embraced it in TF2, as evidenced by the addition of weapons such as the Rocket Jumper found in TF2 and Soldier rocket jumping in the first modern TF2 trailer.
- Despite the Soldier's Grenades acting more as decoration than actual weaponry, they were intended to be used as a weapon during Team Fortress 2's development.