|This article is a stub. You can help TF2 Classic Wiki by expanding it.|
|Health||200 (300 with overheal)|
The Civilian is a special class for the VIP game mode, where he needs to be escorted by his body guards, the BLU team, while attempting to avoid being killed by the assassins who are on the RED team. The Civilian is designed to be weak but useful to his team, somewhat like the Medic.
He has the fastest capture-rate out of all classes in the game, capturing five times faster than normal, and he can grant mini-crit boosts to his teammates while providing a passive 20% damage resistance boost to any teammate around him. In addition, granting a mini-crit boost to the medic will increase both the heal and Über rate. However, he's only equipped with the Umbrella which is functionally identical to the bat, he's also rather slow, only moving as fast as a Demoman. Even with 200 health points, he should be staying behind the front lines otherwise he can easily get killed quickly, especially by any assassins who are willing to die in order to take his life.
In the VIP game mode, his goal is to reach the escape zone before the time runs out. His team serves as body guards escorting him while clearing out any assassins. Most of the time, his death results in time being removed, giving less time for the Civilian to reach the escape zone once he respawns. In certain maps, such as Trainyard, his death can result to an instantaneous defeat for his team, no matter how much time there was left.
The Civilian is voiced by Benjamin "Benjamoose" Rudman.
Name: William D. Billingsworth (real name: Orson W. Jenkins)
Location of origin: Dorset, England
Job: Escape (Oil Baron)
Motto: No Motto
Special ability: Boost
Known as "Dollar Bill" to his friends (a self-given nickname, as he has none), the rich, haughty, and rather portly Civilian is a man with a target on his back. Paranoid, he hires mercenaries to protect him from the various men and organizations that are after him. His two loves are his life and his money, and he wants to maintain those for as long as he possibly can. But so long as there are people who want him dead out there, he's going to have to use that money he loves dearly to keep himself alive.
As a Civilian…
- …keep up with your teammates to have a better chance of survival.
- …nearby teammates will be protected from damage within your morale boost's radius. You yourself however, remain excluded.
- …hit MOUSE2 on a teammate to give them a 10 second boost of mini-crits.
- …you're rather slow. Try your best to keep up with your teammates.
- …your umbrella isn't very effective as a weapon. Let your teammates fight for you.
- …you capture control points the fastest out of any other class.
- …be sure to watch out for enemy Spies, as they're capable of killing you instantly.
|The Entrepreneur||Win a round of VIP as the Civilian without dying once.|
|Loyal Servant||Accumulate 15000 points from healing the Civilian.|
|Restraining Order Violation||Dominate the Civilian within a round of VIP.|
|Fraudulent Transaction||Kill the Civilian as the Spy using the Damage Boost given by him.|
Names in other languages
- The Civilian originated in Team Fortress Classic, and was considered for Team Fortress 2 during it's development, but never went anywhere past very early gameplay test phases.
- The model for the Civilian was originally made for a custom game-mode in standard Team Fortress 2 called "Hunted", before being adopted by the developers.
- In VIP, the Civilian cannot kill himself through a kill-bind.
- If you call for Medic, there's a chance the Civilian will say "Excuse me, I'm in need of medical attention!", which is a reference to one of the Medic lines in Team Fortress Classic.
- Despite not being one of the 9 mercenaries, the Civilian can still be Übercharged. This implies he had a surgical procedure performed by the Medic to gain an Übercharge implant.