|This article is a stub. You can help TF2 Classic Wiki by expanding it.
|125 (185 with overheal)
Location of Origin: Bee Cave, Texas, USA
Job: Area Denial
Motto: "I like to make things".
This amiable, soft-spoken good ol' boy from tiny Bee Cave, Texas loves barbeque, guns, and higher education. Natural curiosity, ten years as a roughneck in the west Texas oilfields, and eleven hard science PhDs have trained him to design, build and repair a variety of deadly contraptions.
As an Engineer...
- …use the build tool to place sentryguns, dispensers, and teleporters.
- …you need metal to build, repair, and upgrade your buildings. Collect fallen weapons to get more metal.
- …you're most effective when you stay moving and use your speed to your advantage.
- …hit your sentrygun with your wrench to upgrade it with metal. Each level adds more health and firepower.
- …build dispensers to provide your teammates with health and ammo. They also generate metal for you to use.
- …build teleporters to help your team reach the front line faster.
- …keep an eye out for enemy Spies attaching sappers to your buildings. Use your wrench to remove sappers.
- …remember to upgrade your buildings. Level 3 teleporters recharge much faster, allowing your team to keep the pressure on.
- …hit either the entrance or the exit of your teleporter with your wrench in order to repair and upgrade both sides.
- …hit MOUSE2 to rotate building blueprints before you hit MOUSE1 to build. Use this in order to orient teleporters away from walls.
- …you can do more than just maintain your buildings. Use your shotgun and your pistol to assist in fights and to defend your buildings.
- …sentryguns aren't restricted to just defensive measures. Deploy them quickly in hidden locations in order to aid in an offensive push.
- …the Coilgun will cause an explosion if you fully charge it for three seconds. Use it to reach previously inaccessible areas.
- …you are able to defuse the Dynamite Pack by hitting it with a wrench.
Names in other languages
- In Team Fortress 2 Classic, Engineer gets another line for his "Battle Cry" voice command where he says "Remember the Alamo!", this voice line was lifted from Prerelease versions of Team Fortress 2 and is a reference to a real life battle cry used during the Texas Revolution.