|This article is a stub. You can help TF2 Classic Wiki by expanding it.|
|Health||175 (260 with overheal)|
The Demoman is a defensive class. His explosives lets the Demoman deal damage and take out the Engineer's buildings from a distance. The Demoman can also protect objectives by strategically placing and remotely detonating explosives.
Location of origin: Ullapool, Scotland, United Kingdom
Job: House Cleaning
Motto: "Boom Boom Baby."
Special ability: Stickybomb jump
A fierce temper, a fascination with all things explosive, and a terrible plan to kill the Loch Ness Monster cost the six year old Demoman his original set of adoptive parents. Later, back at the Crypt Grammar School for Orphans near Ullapool in the Scottish Highlands, the boy's bomb-making skills improved dramatically. His disposition and total number of intact eyeballs, however, did not.
As a Demoman…
- …hit MOUSE1 to fire sticky bombs and then use MOUSE2 to detonate them later.
- …the longer you hold down the fire button with the sticky launcher, the farther the shot will go.
- …set off sticky bombs beneath your feet to pipe bomb jump up to great heights.
- …shoot sticky bombs onto walls and ceilings where they're hard to spot.
- …use your grenade launcher for direct combat. Grenades detonate upon impact with an enemy unless they touch the ground first.
- …your bottle does the same amount of damage whether it is smashed open or not.
- …crouch when preparing for a stickybomb jump in order to achieve maximum height.
- …throw your Dynamite Pack onto control points in order to clear off enemies.
- …the Gunboats greatly reduce health loss from stickybomb jumps. Use them when positioning and mobility are especially important.
- …the Mine Layer shoots proximity mines that detonate if an enemy is standing close to them. Use it when the grenade launcher is your main weapon of choice.
- …currently placed Mine Layer's mines can be deactivated all at once by pressing MOUSE2.
Names in other languages
- The Demoman's voice actor, Gary Schwartz, also voices the Heavy class.
- The beta prototype of the Demoman was supposed to have a stereotypical Scottish appearance, consisting of pale skin and red hair. It was later dropped for a black Scottish character both because the former lacked originality and because the latter was easier to differentiate from the other classes.
- The emblem on the Demoman's arm was originally a stick of dynamite, which was later changed to a bomb.