Alt-Fire: Detonate all Stickybombs
The Stickybomb Launcher is the default secondary weapon of the Demoman. It is a pneumatic bomb-launching device which fires glowing, team-colored, spherical bombs with spikes on them, featuring a large underbarrel drum magazine, a bolt-action loading mechanism, and wooden handles.
The Stickybomb Launcher fires stickybombs, also known as "stickies", which attach to map geometry, bouncing off other entities like enemies and the Payload. They can be remotely detonated after 0.7 seconds with the alternative fire key, dealing splash damage that scales off with distance. The stickybombs do not explode on contact with enemies, nor do they deal damage when stepped on. Up to 8 stickybombs can be placed at a time, and all armed stickies will explode at once when detonated, stacking their damage on any enemy within range.
Unlike every other weapon, stickybomb damage is affected by both distance and time, suffering damage fall-off based off the user's distance if detonated within 5 seconds of launching, and no damage fall-off if detonated after 5 seconds. Stickybombs are destroyed by enemy bullets (and melee attacks, for the brave), and are pushed back by enemy explosions and airblasts. The user can charge the Stickybomb Launcher up to 4 seconds to increase the velocity, and therefore distance, the stickies are launched at. Stickybombs have significantly reduced velocity when fired underwater.
Because the user takes damage and knockback from their own stickybombs, they can be used for a highly potent explosive jump that outpaces any other form of movement in the game. Each sticky detonated under the Demoman will lead to an increase in velocity. However, the Demoman does not have the damage reduction from explosive jumps that the Soldier has, and so ambitious jumping will lead to the user's immediate death.
|Ranged or Melee?||Ranged|
|Minimum splash||50%||146 HU|
|Damage reduction||1% / 2.92 HU|
|Attack interval||0.6 s|
|First reload||1.09 s|
|Further reloads||0.67 s|
|Charge fill speed||25% / s|
|Charge fill time||4 s|
|All values are approximate.|
|Aged Like Wine||Get 30 kills using Stickybombs you placed more than 5 seconds ago.|
Names in other languages
|Bulgarian||Гранатомет за лепкави бомби||Stickybomb Grenade Launcher|
|Spanish||Lanzabombas Lapa||Stickybomb Launcher|
|French||Lanceur de bombes collantes||Stickybomb Launcher|
|Italian||Mortaio a bombe adesive||Stickybomb Launcher|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Lança-stickybombs||Stickybomb Launcher|
|Romanian||Lansator de bombe||Bomb Launcher|
- Updated the Sticky Launcher:
- Added damage ramp-up over time
- Immediate detonations do half damage
- Full damage is reached 2s after firing (1.3s after arming)
- Self-damage and Sticky Jumping are unchanged
- Damage ramp-up period starts when charging instead of upon fire.
- Updated Viewmodel animations to include the other arm.
- Fixed an issue causing sticky bomb detonation sound to rapidly play multiple times in a row.
- Added unique HUD icons for Stickybombs, Proximity Mines, the Kritzkrieg, and the Medigun.
- Improved the Stickybombs GRN and YLW textures.
- Fixed the Stickybomb pulse effect to properly follow the entity.
- Fixed being able to push stickybombs only once
- Updated the Stickybomb Launcher:
- Now consistent with live TF2's stickies
- Fixed stickies not suffering from damage falloff
- Damage rampup changed to 100% (from 70%)
- Explosion radius rampup to 100% (from 80%)
- Projectiles no longer bounce off friendly buildings
- Stickybombs now fizzle properly on death
- Unlike in Team Fortress 2, stickybombs can be detonated while taunting.