Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help TF2 Classic Wiki by expanding it.|
|Health||125 (185 with overheal)|
The Spy is a support-class. Using his Invis Watch and Disguise Kit, he infiltrates enemy lines to take out key classes like the Medic or dismantle an Engineer's nest.
Country of Origin: France
Job: Uncloak & Dagger
Contraptions: Disguise Kit / Cloaking Watch
He is a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in riddles, lovingly sprinkled with intrigue, express mailed to Mystery, Alaska, and LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU! but it is too late. You're dead. For he is the Spy - globetrotting rogue, lady killer (metaphorically) and mankiller (for real).
As a Spy…
- …use your knife to backstab enemies from behind, killing them instantly.
- …disguise yourself as an enemy with your disguise kit. Beware, attacking will remove your disguise.
- …hit MOUSE2 to cloak and become fully invisible for a short period of time.
- …try to act like an enemy while disguised. Observe where enemy team members are, and disguise as one of them.
- …place your electro sappers on enemy sentry guns to destroy them. Disguises aren't lost when placing sappers.
- …call for enemy Medics by hitting E while disguised.
- …press Shift to run at normal speed while disguised as slower classes.
- …use your tranquilizer gun in order to color-blind enemys. Disguises are lost when shooting tranquilizer darts.
- …use your tranquilizer gun to slow down enemies that may be chasing you. This helps when running away from enemy Pyros.
|Deep Sleep||As a Spy, kill 10 tranquilized players with your melee weapon.|
|Fraudulent Transaction||As a Spy, kill the Civilian using the boost given by him.|
Names in other languages
- The Spy in Team Fortress 2 has a slightly faster movement speed (107%) compared to Team Fortress 2 Classic (100%).
- In TF2, Spy is canonically the father of Scout, however due to the comics being non canon to Team Fortress 2 Classic but Spy's Meet the Team video still within canon, it is still debatable whether or not Spy is still related to Scout.
- In Team Fortress 2 Classic, Spy gets another line for his "Thanks!" voice command where he says "Prego." ("Translation: "You're welcome"), This voice line was lifted from Prerelease versions of Team Fortress 2.