On Hit: Bleed for 2 seconds
100% critical hit vs bleeding players
On Miss: Mark yourself for death for 3s
No random critical hits
"Hold 'er steady, mate. She tends to throw splinters."
The Fishwhacker is an alternative melee weapon for the Sniper. It's an old wooden fish priest, splintered at the top, fitted with a leather grip and wrist belt.
The Fishwhacker's attributes are the same as the Kukri, with the added benefit of dealing 2 seconds of bleed on hit enemies. As the initial 4 damage of bleed is always applied on the first hit, this means the Fishwhacker deals at least 69 damage initially and 81 damage in total. In addition, the Fishwhacker will deal guaranteed critical hits upon bleeding enemies, comboing with itself. This critical hit does not affect the damage of the bleed. As a penalty, missing a swing while outside the melee range of an enemy will result in the user being Marked For Death (with a skull above their head) for 3 seconds, turning all damage received into mini-crit damage. The Fishwhacker also cannot randomly crit.
|Ranged or Melee?||Melee|
|Bleed duration||2 s|
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Activation time||0.2 s|
|All values are approximate.|
- Reworked the Fishwhacker:
- Removed -20% slower fire rate
- Replaced "Marked for Death while active" with "On Miss: Marked for Death for 3s"
- Updated the description and item type
- Added particles on impact to add to the new description
Names in other languages
|French||Matraque à poisson||Fish Baton|
|Italian||Bacchetta di pesce||Fish Baton|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Mata-peixes||Fish Killer|
|Romanian||Vânător de pește||Fish Hunter|
- The Fishwhacker is based on Team Fortress 2's unused Club weapon, which was originally the Sniper's default melee weapon.
- The Sniper's regular melee crit animation will not play on on the Fishwhacker unless it is critical boosted.
- If the user swings from outside melee range, then steps into the melee range of an enemy, the user will still be Marked for Death, in contravention of the usual mechanics. The inverse occurs if the user is within melee range and steps outside of it.