The Shock Therapy
Hit teammates at maximum charge to fully heal them
-15% heal rate
Damage is affected by current charge
The Shock Therapy is a melee weapon for the Medic. It's an arm-mounted gadget, powered by a team-colored battery, with two large prongs that emit a current of electricity. The opacity of the electricity going through the prongs is proportional to how much charge the weapon has. As a hidden attribute, it has a 70% increase in melee range compared to other weapons.
The Shock Therapy operates using a charge meter. When the meter is full, attacking an enemy (including enemy buildings) consumes it entirely, dealing 100 damage. When attacking an ally (excluding allied buildings) on a charged hit, it also consumes it, healing 100% of their max health value and overhealing if their health would be full. Once depleted, the meter will recharge after 30 seconds, after respawning, or after visiting a resupply locker. While recharging, attacking an enemy consumes the remaining charge and deals between 1 and 99 damage. Attacking an ally while recharging does nothing. Attacking a Spy disguised as an ally will heal them instead of hurt them. Attacking an invulnerable enemy will consume the charge without dealing damage.
The Shock Therapy also deals mini-crits against wet enemies, such as those underwater, recently escaping water, or in shallow water - but not bleeding enemies. Its charge will be set to 0% as long as the user is underwater, making it deal no damage at all. It will still damage underwater enemies as long as the user is above the surface.
As a penalty, the Shock Therapy cannot randomly crit (as a hidden attribute), and gives 15% less heal rate (including overheal rate) on the Medi Gun and Kritzkrieg. This means the heal rate is changed to a minimum of 20.4 HP/s (from 24) and a maximum of 61.2 HP/s (from 72). This has the side effect of building ÜberCharge faster, as the Medic receives less Über meter when healing allies above 142.5% health.
|Ranged or Melee?||Melee|
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Activation time||0.2 s|
|Charge fill speed||3.33% / s|
|Charge fill time||30 s|
|All values are approximate.|
- Added The Shock Therapy
- 15% slower heal rate on all Mediguns when equipped
- Decreased the amount of healing done on hit to 100% (from 150%) of a classes health
- Health is given to the target instantly
- No longer uses Knife impact sounds when hitting players
- Removed guaranteed crits against wet enemies
- Updated the Shock Therapy:
- Healing is now properly networked, causing less false-positives
- Now has a unique particle for healing teammates
- Updated kill icon
- Now has a unique icon for building kills
- Heal points are now given for Shock Therapy healing, Medic passive regen, Kritzkrieg self healing, being healed by an enemy Shock Therapy as a Spy, and stealing enemy Sandviches
Names in other languages
|Bulgarian||Електрошокова терапия||Electroshock Therapy|
|Polish||Terapia szokowa||Shock Therapy|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Terapia de Choque||Shock Therapy|
|Romanian||Terapie de șoc||Shock Therapy|
|Russian||Шоковая терапия||Shock Therapy|
|Turkish||Şok Terapisi||Shock Therapy|
|Ukrainian||Шокова терапія||Shock Therapy|
- The name of this weapon refers to electroconvulsive therapy, which uses electricity to treat mental disorders.
- The internal name for the Shock Therapy is "tf_weapon_taser", in reference to the real-life electric weapon.
- If the Shock Therapy destroys a building, the kill icon will be the generic "skull" icon.