Deals knockback to nearby enemies
On Hit: Bleed for 2 seconds
-45% damage penalty
"Hold 'er steady, mate. She tends to throw splinters."
The Fishwhacker is an alternative melee weapon for the Sniper. It's an old wooden fish priest, splintered at the top, fitted with a leather grip and wrist belt.
Compared to the Kukri, the Fishwhacker has a 45% damage penalty, dealing 35 damage per swing instead of 65. It also causes the enemy to bleed for 2 seconds, dealing 12 damage, for a total of 47 damage per swing. Critical hits do not affect the damage of the bleed. When an enemy is hit, they will be knocked back a long distance away from the Sniper, along with any enemy who happens to be standing nearby. The power, range, and area effect of the knockback is similar to that of the Flame Thrower's compression blast, albeit without the projectile reflecting ability. Because the knockback is affected by damage, critical hits will knock back the enemy further.
|Ranged or Melee?
|All values are approximate.
- Reworked the Fishwhacker:
- Removed -20% slower fire rate
- Replaced "Marked for Death while active" with "On Miss: Marked for Death for 3s"
- Updated the description and item type
- Added particles on impact to add to the new description
- Updated the Fishwhacker:
- Overhauled first person animations
- Damage now deals increased knockback to all nearby players
- Added -45% damage penalty downside
- Removed self marked-for-death on miss penalty
- Removed no random critical hits penalty
- Damage over time conditions (bleed, afterburn) no longer apply on the very same tick as damage
Names in other languages
|Matraque à poisson
|Bacchetta di pesce
|Vânător de pește
- The Fishwhacker is based on Team Fortress 2's unused Club weapon, which was originally the Sniper's default melee weapon.