On Hit: 25% ÜberCharge added
-10 max health on wearer
"This doctor has a backup plan!"
The Überspritze is an alternative melee weapon for the Medic. It is an oversized, metal syringe containing a team colored liquid displayed through measuring glass. It has two finger rings around the bottom and has blood stains around the tip. The liquid inside increases alongside the Medic's ÜberCharge percentage.
When the Überspritze hits an enemy, 25% ÜberCharge is given to the user regardless of damage. This occurs even on cloaked enemies, but not invulnerable or disguised ones, nor enemies that are cloaked and disguised at the same time. As a penalty, the Überspritze removes 10 points of maximum health from the user, bringing the Medic's base health down to 140 (215 when overhealed). Its stats are otherwise identical to the Bonesaw. Because the Überspritze can increase the Über meter faster than it drains, it's possible to indefinitely sustain an Übercharge by attacking enemies while one is active.
Taunting with the Überspritze, or pressing the alternate fire key, activates the Uberslice kill taunt, where the Medic stabs into an enemy and pulls the weapon out. The initial stab deals 1 damage and stuns for 3.7 seconds, filling the Über meter by 25%. The pull out deals 500 damage, does not stun, and fills the Über meter by 100%. The initial stab stuns invulnerable enemies, but does not give Über. The pull out gives Über on invulnerable enemies, or regardless of if the enemy dies. The taunt has a longer range than the regular melee swing and cannot deal critical hits, but can deal mini-crits. It will not damage buildings.
|Ranged or Melee?||Melee|
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Activation time||0.2 s|
|All values are approximate.|
- Reworked the UberSaw:
- Renamed the Ubersaw to the Uberspritze.
- Equipping the Uberspritze will now remove 25 health.
- Can now Taunt Kill.
- Updated the Taunt Kill voicelines to fit the model.
- Updated Viewmodel animations to reduce clipping from the plunger.
- Health penalty has been lessened to -10 (from -25) health
- Removed -20% fire rate penalty
Names in other languages
- The Überspritze is a rebalanced version of the Ubersaw from Team Fortress 2.
- "Überspritze" roughly means "Super Syringe" in German.
- The model was originally submitted to the Team Fortress 2 Workshop in 2015 as the Hypodermic Injector. It was inspired by the unused Syringe weapon from Team Fortress 2's development, whose model can be found in the tray of a level 2 and 3 Dispenser.