The Nail Gun
"Construction isn't on this man's agenda!"
The Nail Gun is an alternative primary weapon for the Scout. It is a white and gray pneumatic nail gun, with an oversized drum magazine attached to the barrel, holding a belt of nails. The nails leave faint team-colored trails behind them.
|Ranged or Melee?||Ranged|
|All values are approximate.|
Names in other languages
|Bulgarian||Пистолет за пирони||Nail Gun|
|Spanish||Pistola de Clavos||Nail Gun|
|French||Pistolet à clous||Nail Gun|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Arma de Pregos||Nail Gun|
|Romanian||Armă de cui||Nail Weapon|
- Reworked the Nailgun
- Fires slower than before.
- Nerfed the clipsize down to 25.
- Nails now do more damage than before.
- Added a new taunt when equipped with the Nailgun.
- Updated Viewmodel animations.
- Fixed syringes & nails colliding with players.
- Added special Class Select animations for the NailgunHuntsman and Hunting Revolver. ,
- Improved the Nailgun’s projectile trails.
- Improved the Scout’s Nailgun animations.
- Disabled muzzle light on Syringe Gun and Nailgun.
- Updated the Nailgun:
- Damage rampup increased to 175% (from 150%) to match Scattergun (Max damage now 20 up from 17)
- Increased fire rate to 0.1s (from 0.115s)
- Clip size & max ammo reduced by 20%
- Updated nail/syringe projectiles:
- Are now consistent with the server's projectile position
- Reverted back to its 2.0.0 stats
- Fixed nail and syringe projectiles playing impact sounds when touching friendly buildings
- The Nail Gun in Team Fortress 2 Classic originated from Team Fortress Classic. It was planned to make a reappearance in Team Fortress 2, but was cut during development. It can be seen in the Orange Box 2006 PlayStation 3 trailer.
- The Nail Gun's model is directly taken from Team Fortress 2's pre-release files.
- When holding down the attack button, the Nail Gun's ammo count does not update smoothly enough to reflect the precise amount of nails fired, often stuttering its ammo count inaccurately until the clip is empty.